While we are all doing our best to navigate this changing world of online learning, we thought it was time to highlight some of the positives that come with lockdown learning. Here are five benefits of online learning that we could think of to get us started:
1. Smaller Classes – at Launch2Learning our tutor groups are small, with no more than four students at a time. This allows for a customised learning experience, with the opportunity for greater interaction and feedback. Students should also have fewer distractions than when working in larger groups.
2. Use of Additional Resources – Videos, PDFs, website links, interviews, etc, are all easily accessible to assist with learning. These can help keep things interesting and different, holding students’ attention and making learning more fun.
3. Developing PC Skills – in this age of online technology, particularly since the pandemic, students need to be up-to-speed with the latest methods and applications. Those who’ll be going out into the job market soon should find this particularly beneficial – employers want candidates with good PC skills.
4. Additional Skills – Studying from home and working to a schedule helps students learn self-motivation and discipline.
5. Reducing Carbon Footprint – a subject close to our heart at Launch2Learning – by reducing physical travel we are all contributing to the good of the planet.