After the success of our first SEND Conference last Autumn, we’re pleased to announce the date of our next event – Friday 29th April at The Canberra Centre, Melksham.
The most recent Ofsted framework offers practitioners opportunities to measure outcomes for SEND students in ways that allow us to measure and include a wide range of indicators of progress and put the emphasis on destinations and collaboration between sectors/schools and multi-agency partners.
This conference, entitled ‘Destination Pathways’, will draw on expertise across the sector in order to explore imaginative and innovative ways of illustrating outcomes and how to apply these outcomes to ensure that successful outcomes are at the root of both the Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 offers.
- Jonathan Skinner, Head Teacher of Belgrave Independent Special School, who will address the conference on measuring performance in students in meaningful and innovative ways, providing information for potential destinations and working within the inspectorate framework.
- Dean Sherwin, Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, who will help us gain insight into the way that the Care Farms ensure their excellent track record of meaningful and successful destinations for students.
- Sarah Howes, Additional Support Manager for New College, Swindon, who will share her knowledge into what we should be looking for in the next setting to ensure students reach their potential, and will provide us with insight into transition.
- Kirsten Harwood, Quality Assurance Lead for the AP Strategy Team at Wiltshire Education Authority, who will pull these strands together for us within the context of the overall picture of developments within the county.
- Alison Knowles, from Launch2Learning, who will facilitate a collaborative workshop in which settings will have the opportunity to share good practice and come away from the conference with an active plan appropriate to their setting, to track pathways and progress.
We would be delighted if you could join Launch2Learning and partners for our conference. To ensure your place, get in touch with us on 01249 892147 or email@example.com.